CV as performer and teacher
Current teaching position:
Starting with fall 2017 I exclusively teach at guitartuitionfrankfurt.com
- Guitar: Jazz, Gypsy Jazz, Bossa Nova, Funk, Blues, Rock/Pop & Classical Guitar
- Bass Guitar: Jazz, Rock/Pop/Blues/Funk/etc.
- Harmony & Theory
- Songwriting & Composition
- Sight Singing for starters
- Special expertise in jazz, gypsy jazz and solo guitar performance.
Current Musical Work:
- Solo Jazz Guitar at functions (weddings, baptisms etc. )
- Freelance jazz guitarist performing with bands all across Germany
- Accompanist for other artists
- Bands: Alex Root Trio, La Pompe Manouche, Alex Root - Solo Jazz Guitar
Formal Musical Training & Qualifications:
- BA Jazz ( Middlesex University, London )
- Fully enhanced CRB check
- Other formal studies:
- Classical Music Theory, Ear Training and Sight Singing Classes at Dr. Hoch's Konservatorium
- Full Time Jazz Studies at Frankfurt Academy for Jazz (FMW) - 'Berufsfachschule' / undergraduate
- Jazz Studies ( undergraduate course ) at Queens-Conservatory of Music, Flushing, Queens, NY
More than 14 years of teaching experience:
- Musikschule Offenbach from Nov 2014 - Jul 2017
- Stoke Newington Music School 2012 - 2014
- International School Frankfurt (ISF, SABIS) from Sept 2009 to Aug 2010
- International School Frankfurt (ISF, SABIS) from Sept 2006 to Aug 2008
- Private Musikschule Frankfurt Rödelheim Nov 2007 to Jul 2013
- Teaching private students since 2004
- Residencies (3 years) with Alex Root Trio and Sudden Orchestra at Jazz Club Dreikönigskeller in Frankfurt/M., Germany
- Corporate Function gigs: BRITA (Wiesbaden) , IHK (Frankfurt), Harlem Hell Fighters Veterans (Harlem, NY), Green Party (Offenbach), Green Party (Limburg), amongst others.
- Tour with La Pompe Manouche in 2010: 'Tour of New York'
- various club and festival gigs in London (UK), Germany, Prague, New York City area.
Additional studies with:
Dr. Frank Möbius, Joe Lovano, Udo Kistner (Bass), Martin Lejeune, Norbert Scholly.